I have come to the conclusion that there are certain things that I am okay with and certain things I will not allow to stand. That comes from me valuing myself and desiring the best quality life for me and the people around me. Out of this, I have come up with a list of declarations:
- I will believe in myself. If God thought I was a good idea, then I rest my case.
- I will not settle for mediocre relationships.
- I will believe in everyone’s inherent royalty.
- I am a no-fly zone for shame, manipulation, co-dependency and narcissism.
- I answer to God first and foremost. I love people; I treasure and honor people, but I answer to God.
- My voice matters—as does that of every human being. We are powerful!
- Faithfulness and loyalty are a must in romantic relationships. Put a ring on it, or take a hike!
- I will not abide the hatred of children.
- I will not abide predatory behavior.
- I am going to live an epic life and thank God for every second of it!
If this struck a chord with you, I would challenge you to make your own list of declarations. Be powerful. Use your voice. Believe in yourself!